Search Engine Optimization
get to know us better
Search Engine Optimization
get to know us better
*Many of our KEY27 team are those internet geeks!
But what exactly is SEO and how is it relevant to your business?
Why SEO Matters
The goal of search engine optimization is to make your website more attractive and relevant to search engines like Google, Bing, or Yahoo.
By optimizing its content, structure, and other factors, your site appears higher on search results pages (SERPs**), which in turn increases its visibility, making it easier for potential customers to find you online.
**The next internet marketing acronym!
Some of the tangible benefits of SEO for your businesses include:
- Increased website traffic thanks to appearing higher on SERPs.
- A better user experience because SEO involves optimizing website structure, content, and design, which makes it easier for visitors to navigate your website.
- Greater brand awareness as a result of higher visibility on search engines. This recognition can increase the perception of trust and credibility in your company.
- Improved local search results (if your business has a physical location) because 46% of all searches on Google are for a local business or local service.
- A competitive advantage over rivals who may not be investing in SEO.
- A cost-effective way to reach new customers. In fact, 49% of marketers report that organic search has the best ROI of any marketing channel.
- Long-term results as your organization reaps the benefits of improved search engine rankings and increased traffic over time.
If you want to attract more customers, boost your brand’s online visibility and reputation, and ultimately increase revenue and profitability, investing in search engine optimization is the way to go!
To discover how we can help you with SEO in a 30 min complimentary consulting session, click here.
How SEO Works
Search engines use complex algorithms to rank websites in their SERPs. Google, for example, uses over 200 factors in their algorithm for ranking websites. The exact algorithms used by search engines are proprietary and not publicly disclosed. Thankfully, our digital marketing professionals have identified some of the key factors that influence website rankings:
Search engines analyze the content of a website to determine its relevance to the search query.
Keywords are the words and phrases that users enter search engines when looking for information, products, or services online. When search engines crawl a website, they analyze its content and use algorithms to match the content with relevant keywords and phrases. By optimizing website content with relevant keywords and phrases, website owners can improve their website’s visibility on search engine results pages and attract more organic traffic.
Content that is fresh, engaging, and beneficial to users helps sites to rank higher.
Overusing or “stuffing” keywords can be seen as spammy and may result in penalties from search engines. Instead, you should focus on creating high-quality, useful content that naturally incorporates relevant keywords and phrases.
Websites with high-quality backlinks from authoritative sources rank closer to the top of SERPs. When other websites link to a website, it signals to search engines that the website is a credible source of information on a particular topic or subject.
Website structure and design
Search engines analyze the structure and design of a website to determine its user-friendliness and overall quality – well-structured, easy to navigate, and a good user experience.
When the HTML*** of your site uses titles, tags, descriptions and more to help search engines decipher what your content means and how it is better than other content vying for top-spot!
***Another acronym! It stands for HyperText Markup Language which is the standard way to mark different elements within web pages.
Mobile-first websites are prioritized since an increasing number of users access the internet from mobile devices.
Page loading speed
Websites that load quickly will rank higher than slow-loading websites.
The Elusive Nature of SEO
It follows, then, that tweaking your website to account for the above will put it at the top of Google’s radar, right?
Unfortunately, SEO is more complex than it seems at face-value.
Off-page SEO vs On-page SEO
To start, there are two different aspects of search engine optimization that involve different strategies and techniques.
- On-page SEO refers to the optimization of elements within your website to improve its search engine rankings. This includes optimizing content, meta tags, images, internal linking, and website structure, among other things.
- Off-page SEO, on the other hand, refers to the optimization of factors outside of your website that can influence its search engine rankings. This includes building high-quality backlinks from other sites, social media marketing, online reputation management, and more.
Here is another way of looking at the SEO process, giving you an idea where to start, what are the component syou have to take into consideration and why Analytics Tracking and Reporting is important.
SEO is Not Static
Moreover, SEO is constantly evolving and the strategies and best practices that worked a few years ago may not be as effective today:
- Search engines like Google constantly update and refine their algorithms to provide better search results for users, which can have a significant impact on SEO – e.g., Google’s algorithm updates like Panda, Penguin, and Hummingbird changed the way websites are ranked.
- User behavior also changes over time, and SEO strategies need to adapt accordingly. For example, voice search has become increasingly popular in recent years, and sites need to optimize their content for voice search queries to remain competitive.
- Technology also plays a role in SEO, with advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and natural language processing shaping the future of search.
Pitfalls to Avoid
The main difference between black hat and white hat SEO is their approach to optimizing a website. Black hat SEO focuses on manipulating search engine algorithms to achieve quick results, while white hat SEO focuses on providing value to users and building a sustainable online presence.
Not all backlinks are created equal. Low-quality links from spammy or irrelevant websites can actually harm a website’s search engine rankings and reputation. It’s important to focus on building high-quality, relevant backlinks from reputable websites in the same industry or niche.
SEO is a full-time job
Staying up to date with the latest trends and techniques can feel overwhelming – especially as you have your own business to run. That is why 61% of companies outsource SEO /content marketing.
- Are you looking for SEO services?
- Do you want your site to appear on top in Google?
- Do you wish to increase your online sales?
- Are you looking for a reliable SEO partner?
With our competitive SEO packages to choose from KEY27 will put your message in front of your prospects right when they’re most likely to buy!
The experts at KEY27 deliver results with its SEO packages by using targeted keywords, utilizing segmentation, and other relevant tactics. Our SEO Play Book is the backbone of the service. This SEO Play Book is the reason our clients get results.
Let us boost your online presence and direct real customers to your website. When you just can’t leave results to chance, call the experienced team at KEY27 to see your website on top of all major search engine rankings with our exceptional SEO services.
Discover how we can help you with
ONE HOUR COMPLIMENTARY CONSULTING SESSION