How to start using TikTok for your business
As the fastest-growing social media platform right now, using TikTok for e-commerce is a smart way to reach new audiences. Any business with a consistent range of products to sell can capitalize on TikTok’s rich and diverse content to engage a widespread and active audience and possibly even build a community around their products. You can leverage TikTok as a successful e-commerce marketing tool by creating fun content, launching hashtag challenges, partnering with creators in your niche, and taking advantage of TikTok advertising.
A breakdown of different advertising options for e-commerce businesses:
- Hashtag challenges encourage TikTok users to create their content around your brand’s campaign theme. Rather than trying to make a hashtag challenge go viral on your own, using promoted hashtags can help you get more engagement and drive user interaction. Launching a hashtag challenge is a great way to take brand awareness to the next level. If you are looking to start using TikTok to promote your business, this is a great place to start.
- Top view TikTok ads appear when users first open the TikTok app. These full-screen, audio-on, premium video ads grab the user’s attention for up to 60 seconds and then appear at the top of the user’s newsfeed.
- Brand takeovers allow brands to create images, GIFs, and videos with embedded links to landing pages or hashtag challenges. These full-screen ads also appear on user screens when they first open the TikTok app but last just a few seconds.
- In-feed native content ads automatically play in the ‘For you’ feed of relevant TikTok users. These videos can be up to one minute long, and allow users to like, comment, follow, share, or use your ad’s music to create their own video. This type of ad supports multiple features like website clicks or app downloads and is a great way to engage with new audiences and build a following.
- Branded effects are a fun way for brand-focused e-commerce sellers to build awareness and visibility. As TikTok users love creating videos, giving them branded stickers, filters, lenses, and effects to use with this visual form of promotion can be a great way to boost user-generated content, uniting users worldwide with visual languages that can span time, place, and culture.
- Collaborating with relevant and popular creators in your industry is a great way to elevate your TikTok marketing strategy and drive brand awareness. However, to get results from TikTok influencer marketing, you need to make sure the influencer’s audience matches your target audience. Look for authenticity within their videos and their interactions with followers when identifying creators in your niche. TikTok’s Creator Marketplace allows you to view important metrics associated with influencers in your industry, including audience age, gender, and TikTok usage.
TikTok operates across the entire consumer journey and offers massive potential for brands to maximize their reach, get more people onto their e-commerce stores, and ultimately increase sales. With the support and expertise of KEY27 on your side in developing the best social media marketing strategy, your business can capitalize on the lucrative commercial opportunities presented by this platform and turn more TikTokers into customers! Contact KEY27 today for a free consulting session and discover how we can help you.