Website Conversion Optimization – Oakville
Website Conversion Optimization – Oakville
What Is Website Conversion Optimization?
Do you have too few leads or clients … but plenty of traffic to your website?
Then website conversion optimization is the answer to your conundrum.
You may not have heard of website Conversion Rate Optimization, but it’s one of the most important considerations for any business online. With competitors forever on your tail and the fickleness of consumers to contend with, it’s so important to elevate your website as far as you can within your marketplace.
The results of our CRO service can be measured by the percentage of people who visit your website or landing page and then take whatever action you want them to, e.g., buying or subscribing to your mailing list. The name for this measurement is your webpage’s conversion rate:
Can you guess what the average conversion rate is?
Around 3% – although this figure depends on factors such as the industry, niche, country, channel, and audience demographics.
Sample report from one of our clients:
What are the Benefits of website Conversion Rate Optimization?
First of all, pat yourself on the back for a well-designed and optimized website that is attracting visitors. Good job!
Now we need to turn curious internet users into paying customers so that your bottom line reflects the effort you have clearly put into your site. Just as getting your website in top form did not happen overnight, so you know that selling is a process.
The aim of CRO is to increase the number of visitors that do what you want them to at each stage of the sales funnel:
- Awareness – you want to attract prospects; they want to find out what you do. Desired action: Take a fun quiz, follow you on social media.
- Evaluation – you want to engage leads; they want to suss you out and see if they care about what you do. Desired action: Read your blog, join a webinar.
- Purchase – you want to get the order; they want to decide who to trust with their money. Desired action: Order online, book a consultation.
- Delight – you want to retain their business (and have them sing your praises to others; they want to succeed. Desired action: Share a testimonial, share your content.
How to Improve CRO from Consumers’ Perspective
To improve your conversion rate, let’s explore some conversion rate optimization strategies to implement.
It makes sense that CRO is all about knowing what will encourage your audience to click. So the first step involves getting inside their heads –
Who are they?
The adage says that “A friend to everyone is a friend to none.” While your customer service is in fact friendly to everyone, trying to market to too wide a range and audience will only lead to frustration. Instead create buyer personas to represent your ideal customers and design your sales pages and online content accordingly.
Buyer personas detail your best customers in each of your market segments. As an aid when personalizing your marketing messaging to attract them, these fictional characters help you to attract more individuals just like them.
What do they need?
Conduct customer surveys to get feedback about their experience using your website – why they visited, did they find what they were looking for, what navigational difficulties did they encounter?
Another method is to analyze high-performing pages and do more of the same.
When are they most likely to click?
Use data, not instincts. There are numerous web analytic tools available to take the guesswork out of optimizing your site.
A/B testing, multi variant testing, split URL testing are all insightful methods of coming up with the right mix of ingredients to increase the conversion rate of your pages.
Track interactions using screen recordings and website heat maps to get a factual analysis of when visitors give up.
Get rid of any distractions from your primary conversion goal. Remove extraneous menu items and links and alternative CTAs.
Where are they?
Localized content makes it easy for consumers to find you. The connections forged by customizing your message to resonate with audiences in different locales enhances the value of your brand to the public. Studies reveal that 57% of buyers confessed that finding information in their own language is more important than price. Don’t neglect that conversion opportunity.
Hand-in-hand with localised content is the increase in the use of smartphones. Considering that 60.04% of all website traffic comes from people using mobile devices, ensuring that your online presence is mobile-friendly is a straightforward way to improve CRO.
Moving from physically where your prospects are, to where they are in the buyer’s journey. Encourage them down the sales funnel by having content and an appropriate call to action at each stage of their journey.
Why will they be motivated to click?
Dynamic CTAs will make your audience respond! Say “No” to boring, but don’t get so creative that they are left wondering what you actually want them to do.
Display your CTA above the fold as well as further down the page for decisive users.
Without being too pushy, emphasize scarcity and urgency to prevent web consumers from losing momentum.
Clearly showcase your customer value proposition so that readers choose your business over the competition.
Speak their (colloquial) language to sound more human, i.e., open to nurturing a relationship. Dynamic verbs spark excitement and spur on a response.
Leverage incentives to coax readers to take the plunge. Choose something that appeals to the specific audience, e.g., free webinar or e-coupons.
Keep forms short. As we know, “Ain’t nobody got time for that” when it comes to tedious form-filling. Reducing friction is key to CRO.
Despite all this, many prospects may still be weary. So the final question is:
How will they know they can trust you?
The web can be a dodgy place. Address any concerns prospects might have and remove them.
Update your website to show that you are still in business. Post regular (even if not frequent) blogs, use your About page to put faces to the names of your team, and proudly highlight any associations you belong to, guarantees you offer, secure website badges, and so on.
Use social proof (testimonials and reviews) to increase the transparency – and therefore credibility – of your business.
How to Improve Conversion Rate Optimization on the Backend
Other conversion rate optimization techniques that need to be looked at may not fit neatly into the 5 W’s above, but they certainly influence your audience’s subconscious:
- Improve your page speed as modern (wo)man is impatient and will move on at the slightest delay.
- Chatbots or live chat options ensure that unsure visitors are accommodated and you can leverage their momentum.
- Retargeting is the secret weapon to remind web users about your brand.
- Have specific landing pages for paid ads as these leads are already interested in something specific.
- Videos are a useful tool as stats show that video marketers get 66% more qualified leads per year. This is not surprising considering that users retain 95% of a video message (compared to only 10% read in text.)
- Plan an effective strategy before enthusiastically diving in!
- Set SMART goals so that you can a) align your efforts with your conversion goals, and b) track your results for constructive feedback.
- Patience – Following on from the point above, slower results often mean greater lifetime value. Keep your eye on the prize!
Digital Marketing Specialists – Your Secret to CRO Success
While none of this is rocket science, it does take a fair amount of time as well as having a finger on the pulse of digital marketing trends. It is a good idea for you to understand the concept of CRO. However, we can make your life a lot easier while also bringing in more predictable and successful results.
Optimizing website conversion just got easier with KEY27.
We will optimize your website so that:
- Your pages engage with your target audience and persuade visitors to follow your calls to action.
- Your site pages are indexed by the major search engines and presented to visitors searching for your products or services.
- Navigation on your site ensures visitors can find relevant information and content.
- Your pages are clear, visible, and relevant to your target audience and your calls to action get readers to take the next step.
The KEY27’s conversion optimization techniques will help you to develop a marketing strategy that evolves continually, and which gives you a great return on investment. After all, there is no point in paying for optimization services if you are not going to see any improvements to your bottom line.
Without conversion optimization, your website will not perform to its full potential. You could be missing out on hundreds or even thousands of potential customers. Let our professional team analyze your website today and suggest the next steps to take your website forward – forward to more people looking to do business with you.
Whether you are just starting out or need a fresh approach to your online marketing strategy optimization website conversion is essential. Get in touch with KEY27 today if you want to experience success online.